Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 202 Maḥazor, Yom Kipur
TitleMaḥazor, Yom Kipur
Call numberHalper 202
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- Fol. 2r is fully vocalized, the rest is not; text breaks signified by a punctus and three spaces (the major break at the end of the Morning ʹAmidah is a sof pasuḳ); A fragment from a complete version of the Yom Kippur ʹAmidah services, including the text of regular blessings. Fol. 1 is from the ʹAmidah, presumably for the Morning service; The fragment contains from the middle of the special, fourth blessing חטאתיכם לפני י'י תטהרו, through the end of the ʹAmidah (including the High Holiday supplements) to the beginning of the Vidui אתה יודע רזי עולם (in Sidur Rav Seʻadyah Gaʹon / Israel Davidson [ed.]. Jerusalem: Meḳitse nirdamim, 1963, pp. 259-260); Lacuna between fols., it must have contained a more expanded version of the Viduy than the one found in the Siddurim of Sa'adia and Solomon of Sujulmassa, as their version would cover less than one side of this manuscript; Fol. 2 resumes with the end of the same Ṿidui שגלויים לנו כבר אמרנו to the end. Under the Judeo-Arabic headline צלוה מוסף, the Maḥazor continues with the Musaf ʹAmidah, the fragment reaches to the end of the second blessing; The copyist initially forgot the supplement מי כמוך אב הרחמים but corrected himself.
- Condition: non-consecutive, nearly complete.
Extent16.8 X 12.7 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Yom Kippur , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 202: Maḥazor, Yom Kipur are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.