Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 206 Maḥazor for Yom Kippur, Seliḥot
TitleMaḥazor for Yom Kippur, Seliḥot
Call numberHalper 206
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- Both fols. are from Seliḥot, probably for Yom Kippur; The structure is based on the standard final segment of the Seliḥot sequence (as found in Sidur Rav Seʹadyah Gaʾon / Israel Davidson [ed.]. Jerusalem : Meḳitse nirdamim, 1963, pp. 307-308), including the Ṿidui confession and supplication יהי רצון מלפניך (here, fol. 1, l.15), followed by prayers based on biblical verses linked by ככתוב (here fol. 2); The content of the version found here varies greatly from the above standard, and includes supplications for redemption, rains, harvest, and national rectification, in addition to the standard theme of forgiveness.
- Condition: non-consecutive, complete; marginalia.
Extent18.2 X 12.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Libraries).
- Yom Kippur , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 206: Maḥazor for Yom Kippur, Seliḥot are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.