Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 208 Part of a prayer-book for Purim with directions in Judeo-Arabic
TitlePart of a prayer-book for Purim with directions in Judeo-Arabic
Call numberHalper 208
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- Verse endings denoted by a sof pasuḳ; From the readings performed in the Purim morning service. The recto (11 lines), includes the end of the scroll of Esther (IX 32-X 3). There is a graphic text break (11 spaces) at the beginning of chapter X. There are three Massoretic notes: the ḳeri in X 1, the unicum at the end of X 2, and at the end of the text, the sum of the verses (167, as in most versions); verso contains the beginning of the Torah reading for Purim Morning, Exodus XVII 8-11, under the Judeo-Arabic heading: תשייע אלמגלה.
- Condition: complete.
Extent13.8 X 9.5 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Judaism , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 208: Part of a prayer-book for Purim with directions in Judeo-Arabic are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.