Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 210 Maḥazor for the Festivals
TitleMaḥazor for the Festivals
Call numberHalper 210
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- Corrections made during initial copying, addenda found in margin (where vocalized) and between lines; Fol. 1 contains the middle of the special, fourth blessing of the Festival ʹAmidah. But contains no text that would specify which Festival. Its proximity to fol. 2, instructions in Judeo-Arabic on Sefirat ha-omer, indicates that it is most likely for Passover. The counting of the 'Omer recorded here was initially in Hebrew (as is the common practice), but was corrected in secondary writing to Aramaic: חד יומא בעומרא.
- Condition: consecutive.
Extent5.3 X 8.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Sefirah period , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 210: Maḥazor for the Festivals are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.