Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 214 Haggadah for Passover (an improvisational version)
TitleHaggadah for Passover (an improvisational version)
Call numberHalper 214
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageOfficial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Hebrew
12th century-14th century?
- Text breaks are dentoted by a sof pasuḳ, plus a space; The text that appears in this fragment is clearly structured on the common Passover Hagaddah. The fragment starts with the citation of Gen. XIV 13-14 and ends in Ez. XVI 4-5; Yet the rest is a well-structured deviation from the standard text, with much biblical citation; The small size, square letters and full vocalization may also indicate that this is intended for popular usage, possibly by ignorant laymen or children who would not benefit from the standard formal text.
- Condition: consecutive, complete.
Extent13 X 9.9 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Haggadot , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 214: Haggadah for Passover (an improvisational version) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.