Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 217 Maḥazor for Shavuʹot
TitleMaḥazor for Shavuʹot
Call numberHalper 217
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- Text breaks dentoted by a punctus; Fol. 1 contains the last 5 strophes of a poem, whose refrain is [המהולל בפי כל נש[מה. Monorhymed –מה.Two verses per strophe (except for the last one which has one verse); The remnant of the acrostic reads: נ]סי בן ברכיה] (=[Ni]ssi al-Nahrwani), so presumably only the first verse is missing here; After three lines on the verso the writing ends, the rest of the page is blank; Fol. 2 is from the end of the Mussaf service for Shavuot, in which only the part of the fourth blessing that is specific to Shavuot is recorded; At the end of the text is an instruction in Judeo-Arabic to insert the 'Azharah ראשית לעמך נתת; The poetic text (fol. 1) is centered. In the prose folio (fol. 2), the left rule is justified by aligning the exceeding word between the lines.
- Condition: complete, non-consecutive; fol 2v blank.
Extent15.8 X 12.2 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Prayer , Judaism
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 217: Maḥazor for Shavuʹot are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.