Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 223 Sidur Rav Seʹadyah Gaʾon, Selections
TitleSidur Rav Seʹadyah Gaʾon, Selections
Call numberHalper 223
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- In prose text (fol. 1), text breaks signified by a punctus, plus five spaces; A fragment from Kitāb jāmiʾ aṣ-ṣalawāt wat-tāsābīh including his instructions and liturgy texts for Fast Day Service; Fol. 1is parallel to, in the published edition ('Sidur Rav Seʹadyah Gaʾon / Israel Davidson [ed.] Yerushalyaim, 1963, pp. 317 l. 15 to p. 318 l. 14), which starts with the end of the ענינו supplement to the 'Amidah; This version is similar to that found in Cambridge T-S H14.19 (as listed in the variant readings apparatus, ibid.: טשס); At least four folios are missing between these two. Fol. 2 resumes at Sa'adia's Seli.hot for Ninth of Av, parallel to, in the published edition p. 322 ll. 4-17, including the last 11 verses (פ-ת) of אויה לי כי נלטשו (the last 4 verses are as in Cambridge T-S H14.20, as listed in the variant readings apparatus, ibid.: טשיב), and the first 13 verses (א-ז) of איכה מעביר כפי; In the poetic text (fol. 2) each verse begins a line, and exceeding words are cramped between the lines.
- Condition: fol. 1 nearly complete; fol. 2 damaged, losses at center of exterior edge.
Extent15.3 X 12.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Ninth of Av , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 223: Sidur Rav Seʹadyah Gaʾon, Selections are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.