Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 224 Karaite essay on prayer
TitleKaraite essay on prayer
Call numberHalper 224
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
10th century-12th century?
- The fragment deals primarily with the subject of prostration, the various types and their biblical sources. There is a digression dealing with the Rabbanites who raised the point that not all times are fitting for prostration; See Abraham ben Moses ben Maimon: Kifāyat al-ʻābidīn / Nissim Dana [ed.]. Ramat Gan : Universiṭat Bar-Ilan, 1989, p. 160. This point is not raised in the polemic article there on this topic, ibid. pp. 147-183; The author mentions the 6 places in the daily Karaite service in which the bending of the head is recommended.
- Condition: consecutive, nearly complete.
Extent25.4 X 19.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Posture in worship , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 224: Karaite essay on prayer are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.