Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 225 Karaite prayer-book
Call numberHalper 225
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
10th century-12th century?
- Verse endings denoted by a sof pasuḳ; A fragment, sporadically vocalized, from a prayer which is a series of complete biblical verses, all of which contain the divine name, characteristic of Karaite prayer texts, although such texts exist in the Rabbanite ritual as well, such as יהי כבוד.
- Condition: nearly complete.
Extent20.4 X 15.3 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Karaites , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 225: Karaite prayer-book are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.