Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 238 Part of a collection of rahiṭim for Yom Kippur
TitlePart of a collection of rahiṭim for Yom Kippur
Call numberHalper 238
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-12th century?
- Verse endings are signified by a sof pasuḳ, piyyut endings are signified by a circles; Unknown raḥitim, some are followed by a few biblical phrases. A. on fols. 1-2 (recto), strophes ט-ת of a raḥit in which each letter has a four-verse strophe. The rhyme changes every two letters. The lead phrase of each verss י'י אקרא ויען. Ends תקיף ומרומם על כל ברכות. Fol.2v is blank, save for a writing exercise; B. on fol. 3 to verso l.9, verses ד-ת of a raḥit, one verse per letter, all rhyme רה-. The constant lead phrase is -וה[אדם] כ. Ends: ותקדמהו סליחה וכפרה; C., the next raḥit, on the remainder of fol. 3, to fol. 4 verso l. 9, is complete (א-ת). It starts: אמת תרעש הארץ. The constant lead phrase is וי'י אלהים; The remainder of the verso contains the beginning D. ordered תשר״ק, starts: התומך בכחו מעלה. The fragment ends at verse ס.
- Condition: consecutive, lacuna between fols. -; nearly complete; fol. 3 damaged with losses from external edge.
Extent15.2 X 10.4 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Yom Kippur , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 238: Part of a collection of rahiṭim for Yom Kippur are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.