Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 243 Seliḥot for Yom Kippur
TitleSeliḥot for Yom Kippur
Call numberHalper 243
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- Under the headline: סדר, the fragment contains verses א-ל of the Seliḥah for Yom Kippur that starts אוחזי שעריך צור אל תבייש. Published from a different source, by Menaḥem Zulay, Sinai, v. 17 (1945), pp. 292-294, who found in inferences that it was intended to be recited at the Neʹilah service on (or around) the Temple Mount.
- Condition: complete.
Extent20 X 14.6 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Yom Kippur , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 243: Seliḥot for Yom Kippur are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.