Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 267 Lamentation for the Ninth of Av
TitleLamentation for the Ninth of Av
Call numberHalper 267
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Hand of fol. 1v and fol. 2r is more cursive, mostly faded and illegible; Fol.1 contains a fragment from the middle of the piyyut starts איך תקראוני נביא \ ואני רעות מביא. The first eight words are missing from the first strophe, and the last two words are missing from the final, fourth strophe; A complete version can be found in Budapest DKG 67 p. ben This is found as an element in the Ḳerovah Shemonah ʹeśreh , perhaps for the Ninth of Av, that starts with Benjamin ben Judah's אעשה מספד כתנים (Israel Davidson, Thesaurus of Medieval Hebrew poetry. New York : JTS, 1924. 7087א).
- Condition: complete; faded; fol. 2v left blank; 2 hands(?).
Extent13 X 9.2 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Ninth of Av , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 267: Lamentation for the Ninth of Av are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.