Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 268 Dirges for the Ninth of Av
TitleDirges for the Ninth of Av
Call numberHalper 268
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Strophe endings denoted by a sof pasuḳ; A. (fol. 1) the end of an unknown ḳinah constructed mostly of phrases from Lamentations; last strophe has at least 4 rhyming verses; ends תבוא כל [רע]תם לפניך; B. (fols. 1-2) fully vocalized; after the lead verse רדי עיני רוב דמעה, the alphabetized strophes start אכף ראש וגם קומה. The fragment reaches strophe ט. Four verses per strophe, the first three rhyme with each other, the fourth is rhymed עה-. Strophes א-ע are in a fragment from a different ms., found in Philadelphia NS 5.
- Condition: consecutive; losses in lower and exterior edges.
Extent12 X 8.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Ninth of Av , Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 268: Dirges for the Ninth of Av are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.