Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 271 Collected piyutim for the Fast of Gedaliah
TitleCollected piyutim for the Fast of Gedaliah
Call numberHalper 271
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-14th century?
- Each strophe begins a new line; verse endings not corresponding with line endings denoted by a punctus; A. (fol. 1) verses ע to the end, of a poem, probably a Seliḥah for the Fast of Gedaliah. There are four verses per strophe, each letter begins two verses. After ת there is an additional strophe, followed by the line יכמרו רחמיך אל שארית רחומים; B. (fol. 2) Strophes ב-ו (Meḥayeh - Ḥanun) of a Ḳerovah le-Shemoneh ẹśreh for the Fast of Gedaliah, The beginning of this poem is found in Cambridge T-S H4.28, where it starts ארץ ארץ ארץ השמעת דבר קולך; Sporadically vocalized; our verses per strophe, the first two are of the same letter, the third startsבצום השביעי. After the contracted allusion to the blessing מחיה, is an additional allusion to the beginning of Ḳedushah: כתר יתנו לך (as is the standard Ḳedushah in Siddur R. 'Amram, Warsaw, 1865, p. 10).
- Condition: non-consecutive, complete.
Extent18.7 X 11.7 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Fasts and feasts , Judaism Liturgy , Texts
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 271: Collected piyutim for the Fast of Gedaliah are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.