Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 285 Rahaṭ
- Yeḥezḳel ben ʹAli, 11th cent.
Other related names
- Abu Saʹad ben Yiśraʾel., former owner
Call numberHalper 285
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-12th century?
- One word vocalized; each verse starts a new line; in upper and lower margins of recto (title), are secondary inscriptions in Arabic characters; The first folio of a booklet. The recto is the title page ארהאט מלאח followed by a rhymed panegyric dedication to the owner, Sa'id ben Israel (probably not Sa'id ben Israel al-Tustarī, of the early 11th century). The verso is the first page of the content, repeating the above title, followed by the first eight rhymed verses, forming the acrostic signature [יחזקאל הכ[הן. The Rahaṭ starts יונים נדודים החזר לקינם.
- Condition: nearly complete; marginalia in Arabic.
Extent16.8 X 12.7 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Abu Sa?ad ben Yis?ra?el.
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 285: Rahaṭ are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.