Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 310 Azharah, strophes 15-19
TitleAzharah, strophes 15-19
- Ibn Ghiyyat, Isaac, 1038-1089 אבן גיאת, יצחק בן יהודה, 1038-1089 Ibn Ghayyat, Yizhaq ben Yehuda 1038-1089 Ibn Giat, Isaac, 1038-1089 Ibn Ġiyāṯ, Isḥāq b. Yahūda Ibn-Gayât, Yiṣḥāq Ben-Yehûdā 1038-1089 Isaac ibn Ghiyyat Yishaq Ibn Gayyat de Lucena
Call numberHalper 310
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- Some strophe endings denoted by a sof pasuḳ; a few words partially vocalized; first text (l. 1-5) in a different, more cursive hand; The upper end of the folio is the last five lines of an epistle of encouragement and consolation, apparently to a pupil on the death of his master. Followed by a line marking a new text; The published edition, copied from Petersburg RNL B Antonin 182, starts in the 16th strophe (the second ח). Our fragment starts in the 15th (the first ח), and reaches to the end of the 19th strophe (the first of י, ibid. l. 20).
- Condition: some damage; verso is blank.
Extent27.3 X 18.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 310: Azharah, strophes 15-19 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.