Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 323 Poem in honor of a philanthropist
TitlePoem in honor of a philanthropist
Call numberHalper 323
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Each strophe begins a new line, each rhyme arranged in standardized spaces, forming four columns; The fragment includes the last thirteen strophes of a poem in honor of a philanthropist. Each strophe has three rhyming verses, and a fourth that rhymes ות-. Ends בחדרנו נרחבות, signed with Psalm XCI 16.
- Condition: torn, losses along top edge, center lengthwise crease; verso is blank.
Extent17.1 X 19.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Laudatory poetry, Hebrew
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 323: Poem in honor of a philanthropist are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.