Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 329 Collected poems In Hebrew and Judeo-Arabic
TitleCollected poems In Hebrew and Judeo-Arabic
Call numberHalper 329
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
12th century-13th century?
- Hebrew and Judeo-Arabic, both in Hebrew and Arabic characters; full vocalization in both languages/characters; lines alternating between Hebrew and Arabic characters; in the Hebrew vocalization pataḥ often replaces segol; A. 1r begins in a Ḳinah or Seliḥah, ends in the middle of verso ומעי וקרבי נתחו; B. 1v. l.12: Under the heading حراَ, a dirge in Judeo-Arabic for a "ribī Daṿēd" מִן בַעְדַך יֵארִבִי דָוֵיד. Continues to 2r l. 12; C. 2r. l. 13: Poetic lines in Arabic, alternating lines of Arabic characters with lines of Hebrew characters; continues to the 2v l.15; D. 2v. l. 16Another ḳinah that starts אֵלִי אֵלי לָמַה לָמָה עַל יָדִי יַד צָרי רָמָה; folio ends after four strophes of three verses, each followed by the refrain.
- Condition: consecutive, nearly complete; losses along bottom edge of fol. 2.
Extent27 X 9.5 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 329: Collected poems In Hebrew and Judeo-Arabic are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.