Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 335 Court document
Call numberHalper 335
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
Monday, March 15, 1041
- Cropped on bottom, after which the initial inscription was erased with four lines to signify its invalidation, and then recopied on the verso, in smaller writing to fit the new size of the folio; Testimony that Naḥum ben Faraḥ deeds a court (חצר) in Ṣahrajt (Lower Egypt) to his unwed sisters Muna and Sittuna, as he was obligated to give them one tenth of his inheritance as maintenance.
- Condition: damaged, torn; cropped on bottom edge, erasures; folded widthwise in equal quarters.
Extent30.5 X 20.9 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Inheritance and succession (Jewish law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 335: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.