Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 344 Court document
Other related names
- Elʻazar ben Avraham, 12th cent., scribe
Call numberHalper 344
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
April 23, 1164
- A document in Judeo-Arabic and legal Hebrew, issued in the court of Samuel (ben Ḥananyah) ha-Nagid. Documents referring to him as the Nagid date between 1141-1159; The signatures are Yaḥiyah ben Elijah (autograph) and Elʻazar ben Abraham, whose signature appears to be the same hand as the content of this document. El'azar signs his autograph on a Ketubah issued by the court of Matsliaḥ ha-kohen Gaon in 1134, found in Oxford Heb. b. 12 (Cowely 2875) fol. 1; Abu 'Amr Sa'adia ha-Levi confirms that Abu Natsr Samuel ha-Levi acted correctly at the sale of local, Egyptian silk (l. 2 אלבלדי), which was deposited by Ḥalfon ben al-Damyati as a pledge on his loan. He also acquits Ḥalfon of a debt of 25 dinar owed to him by Ḥalfon's brother Eli.
- Condition: damaged, loss in upper left corner; verso is blank.
Extent25.4 X 16.4 cmm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Court records
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 344: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.