Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 353 Court document
Call numberHalper 353
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- A fragment from a document, most of the details are missing. The writer declares that he has sold a quarter of his court which he inherited; Mention is made of the Erets Israeli synagogue, probably the one in Fustat that housed the Genizah: במבוי בית הכנסת שלשמיין. The gold coins gained from this sale are to repay a loan, whose time is mentioned as beginning in Ab of the year (Selucid) 308 (=997).
- Condition: fragment, damaged losses from all edges, faded; verso is blank.
Extent15.2 X 17.8 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Court records
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 353: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.