Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 363 Court document
Call numberHalper 363
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
late 11th cent.?
- A folio, folded widthwise into three equal parts, cropped in the 18th line, in an even cut on the third fold; The upper part of a court record in Judeo-Arabic, in which Abu Natsr the Hazzan files a complaint, that he, his wife and his children have been attacked. Afterwards, the witnesses R. Ezekiel ha-kohen the Ḥaver and R. Obadiah ben Solomon testified of this attack, stating that the victim was beaten with a shoe (מדאס) on a Sunday; The former is probably the same R. Ezekiel ha-kohen ha-Ḥaver ben Ali ha-Ḥaver a witness in several Genizah documents, the earliest Cambridge 13J 2 fol. 3, dated Dec. 1093, the latest Oxford Bodleian Heb. b.12 (Cowely 2875) fol. 4, dated Feb. 1102; His father, a Jerusalemite, is the author of numerous Genizah documents (23 documents related to 'Ali ha-kohen, published by M. Gil, Erets-Yiśraʾel ba-teḳufah ha-Muslemit ha-rishonan / Moshe Gil. Tel Aviv : University of Tel Aviv, 1983, vol. III, nos. 433-455, the last of which is dated 1071).
- Condition: cropped, torn, faded; verso is blank.
Extent16.4 X 18.1 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Court records
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 363: Court document are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.