Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 364 Marriage contract (draft)
TitleMarriage contract (draft)
Call numberHalper 364
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageOfficial Aramaic (700-300 BCE); Imperial Aramaic (700-300 BCE)
1062 or 1069
- First two lines, biblical citations, denoted by a bar above each letter; A fragment from the upper part of the center of a Ketubah document, given by Abraham ben Ṣedaka to the daughter of Pinḥas ben Levi the Elder. Abraham is a signed as a witness on a bill of appointment issuedḅy the Erets Israeli Gaonate in 1065 (Cambridge T-S 10J 26 fol. 1/ Oxford Bodleian Heb. d.66 fol. 4, in Gil, Erets Israel, 1983 vol. IIIp. 26); The date (l. 3) is in the month of Shevat, in the sixth year of the sabbatical cycle, which could be either 1062 or 1069. In l. 4 is the allusion to Ramle: באחסנת ב]ני יהודה].
- Condition: fragment (center area), torn, faded; verso is blank.
Extent11.4 X 12 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 364: Marriage contract (draft) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.