Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 366 Marriage contract
Other related names
- Yefet ben Daṿid, d. 1057., scribe
Call numberHalper 366
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- A fragment from the middle of a ketubah. Most of the details are missing from the fragment, except for the name of the bridegroom, Ghaleb; Listed b E. Bareket: Shafrir Mitsraim / Elinoar Bareket. Tel Aviv : Tel Aviv University, 1995, p. 265, as one of over 100 Genizah documents written by Japheth ben David, who served between 1014-1056 as the Ḥazzan and scribe of the Erets Israel community of Fustat, which housed the Genizah. See Bareqet, ibid. pp. 122-132. Dated documents from his hand range from 1026-1056.
- Condition: fragment, cropped; verso is blank.
Extent33.5 X 8.2 cm
Material applied: black ink
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 366: Marriage contract are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.