Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 375 Formulary for a bill of divorce
TitleFormulary for a bill of divorce
Call numberHalper 375
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- Copied in a rough, primitive hand; one vocalized word; Two folios from a formulary divorce bill. Starts הדא נסכה אלגט. The names are "Peloni", the dates prescribed are the years from the destruction of the Second Temple, the exile of King Yehoyakhin. This may indicate that the tradition represented here is Karaite; After the end of the Hebrew text (fol. 2 verso), are instructions in Judeo-Arabic for the act of transmitting the Get, and for appointing a proxy.
- Condition: non-consecutive, complete.
Extent12.9 X 8.8 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Divorce (Karaite law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 375: Formulary for a bill of divorce are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.