Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 376 Formulary of bills
TitleFormulary of bills
Call numberHalper 376
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- Recto, the 29 lines of writing fill the length of the folio left of the fold; verso, 33 lines of writing fill the right side of the fold, and continue in six and one half vertical lines on the left side; remainder is blank; Sporadic vocalization. Recto: under the heading שכיב מרע, the text of a Bill of Partial Gift in Contemplation of Death. This version is practically identical to the one prescribed by Isaac ben Abba Mari in Sefer ha-ʹiṭur (Warsaw 1801 p. 86d; recorded by A. Gulak, Otsar ha-sheṭarot / Asher Gulak. Jerusalem : Defus ha-po'alim, 1926, p. 115 no. 127). Followed by שטר צוואה, the text of a Bill of Will in Contemplation of Death, also as in 'Itur (ibid. no. 126); Verso: Under the heading שטר מחילה, Bill of release from obligations.
- Condition: folded vertically into columns; damaged, losses along creases.
Extent21.9 X 15.2 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Forms (Jewish law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 376: Formulary of bills are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.