Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 384 Business letter
Call numberHalper 384
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- Recto has marginal additions; verso has marginal postscript. The names and address were probably on now missing end of verso; The letter deals with the trade of pearls, two of which are worth 10 dinar, and cloves. A trader named Abu Ephraim is mentioned (ll. 7-8). In the postscript on the verso, the writer sends regards to Abu Sa'id ibn Thabith.
- Condition: losses at top; folded in mail format; marginalia.
Extent17.7 X 8.8 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Commercial correspondence, Judeo-Arabic
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 384: Business letter are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.