Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 394 Letter to Moses Abu-l'Ḥai, Fustat
TitleLetter to Moses Abu-l'Ḥai, Fustat
- Amram ben Yosef ibn al-Nagid,12th/13th cent. Amram ben Yosef ibn al-Nagid,12th/13th cent.
Call numberHalper 394
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
late 12th century-early 13th century?
- Hebrew phrases denoted by a bar above each word; address on verso; The writer deals with various topics, and urges the addressee to cause Isaac "the teacher" ben Ḥayim "the Scribe" Nafussi (who also appears as an alternate addressee on the verso) to settle the accounts for books given to him for sale. The same Isaac appears in Cambridge T-S 24.44, dated 1102.
- Condition: damaged, loss in left edge; folded in mail format.
Extent26.3 X 19 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew letters
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 394: Letter to Moses Abu-l'Ḥai, Fustat are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.