Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 400 Letter to Abu'l-ʹIz ben Bishr, Fustat, from his mother
TitleLetter to Abu'l-ʹIz ben Bishr, Fustat, from his mother
Call numberHalper 400
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- Address on verso; The addressee has traveled to Fustat. His mother writes to him, mostly blessings and admonitions. She asks him to bring silk threads for her and her sister, as their looms are idle. She mentions her slave girl תופיק (Tawfiq, l.2), and the addressee's brother Joseph, who she pleads be dealt with patience; According to the address, Abu'l-'Izz can be found in the house of Abu'l-Radha.
- Condition: nearly complete; faded, erasures, particularly towards bottom; marginal postscript on recto.
Extent28.2 X 14.3 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Silk industry , History , To 1500 , Egypt
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 400: Letter to Abu'l-ʹIz ben Bishr, Fustat, from his mother are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.