Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 402 Invenvtory list
Call numberHalper 402
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- A list of clothes and house wares returned by a divorced woman to her ex-husband Naḥman, after she had initially taken (or pilfered) them to the home of her brother, Yeshua (also referred to here as Abu'l-Faraj). Among the items, a pair of mats (l. 6), a ḥamil, or meal carrier (l. 7), a rug (l. 8), a table (l. 9), a mill (l. 12), water cups, a kneading trough and a boy's muzarra (l. 11-13); Recto, left col. l. 11-12, and verso in Arabic characters.
- Condition: lower left corner torn; folded lengthwise, columns separated (repaired).
Extent25.7 X 18.6 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Divorce (Jewish law)
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 402: Invenvtory list are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.