Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 404 Letter to the Nagid Mevorakh ben Seʹadyah
TitleLetter to the Nagid Mevorakh ben Seʹadyah
Call numberHalper 404
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- Lines are well spaced, as in the style of official letters; From a letter to the Nagid Mevorakh ben Sa'adia, who served in this office between 1094-1111. The first three lines are the name of the Nagid with his honorary titles. See M. Cohen: Jewish self-government in medieval Egypt : the origins of the office of head of the Jews, ca. 1065-1126 / Mark R. Cohen. Princeton : Princeton University Press, 1980, p. 139-148 (n.138).
- Condition: fragment, only right edge is intact, lower edge appears to be torn along fold line; verso is blank.
Extent7.6 X 17.1 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Jews , Politics and government. , Egypt
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 404: Letter to the Nagid Mevorakh ben Seʹadyah are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.