Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 419 Letter
Call numberHalper 419
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-13th century?
- Recto has 6 diagonal lines (one word each) of marginal postscript; exceeding words cramped between lines. Verso bears only the addresses, in Arabic characters; The writer is addressing his mother in Alexandria. He asks about her health, informs her that he has divorced his wife, and request that she be kind to the carrier of this letter, who comes from Iraq.
- Condition: stained in right edge; in mail format; marginalia on recto, address on verso.
Extent27.3 X 10.7 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Judeo-Arabic letters
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 419: Letter are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.