Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 427 Book of letters
TitleBook of letters
- Tsevi ben Lavi. Tsevi ben Lavi.
Call numberHalper 427
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
13th century-16th century?
- The ends of the letters are in written in graphic form, using inverted triangles; The bottom of two folios from a book of letters, apparently composed for literary value. Florid Hebrew prose, heavily decorated with biblical phrases, and some Talmudic ones. The letters are copied successively into a codex; One of the letters is signed על הכתב[...] צבי ה״ה בן לביא probably a pen name; Within the paragraphs there are few text breaks, hardly discernable, denoted only by a space.
- Condition: 2 fragments, torn in identical shape, from lower end of fols; orn. dev.
Extent19 X 20.9 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew letters
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 427: Book of letters are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.