Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 427 Book of letters
TitleBook of letters
- Tsevi ben Lavi.
Call numberHalper 427
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
13th century-16th century?
- The ends of the letters are in written in graphic form, using inverted triangles; The bottom of two folios from a book of letters, apparently composed for literary value. Florid Hebrew prose, heavily decorated with biblical phrases, and some Talmudic ones. The letters are copied successively into a codex; One of the letters is signed על הכתב[...] צבי ה״ה בן לביא probably a pen name; Within the paragraphs there are few text breaks, hardly discernable, denoted only by a space.
- Condition: 2 fragments, torn in identical shape, from lower end of fols; orn. dev.
Extent19 X 20.9 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Hebrew letters
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 427: Book of letters are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.