Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 435 Part of Sefer Maʹalot ha-midot, an ethical treatise
TitlePart of Sefer Maʹalot ha-midot, an ethical treatise
- Anav, Jehiel ben Jekuthiel ben Benjamin, active 13th century יחיאל בן יקותיאל, הרופא Jechiel ben Jekutiel Anaw In Rom wirkender rabbinischer Autor ʿAnaṿ, Yeḥiʾel ben Yeḳutiʾel 1260-1289 Anau, Jehiel ben Jekuthiel ben Benjamin ha-Rofe, 13e eeuw Anau, Jehiel ben Jekuthiel, 13th cent Anau, Jehiel ben Jekuthiel, 13e siècle
Call numberHalper 435
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
13th century-14th century?
- Chapter ending copied in decorative form of an inverted triangle; chapter headings, endings, and catchwords at end of both versi are decorated; Fol. 1 is on the messianic era and the revival of the dead (as one unit), probably from near the end of the first chapter "Knowledge of God", similar to, in the published edition; Fol. 1 recto has a word added between the lines, possibly by the scribe. Fol 2 recto has two corrections in the margin, written in a different hand; Fol. 2, recto contains the end of chapter 5 "Acts of Kindness" (גמילות חסד), starting, in the above edition, p. 85 l. 10. Verso contains the beginning of the 6th chapter, "Charity", up to p. 87 l. 2; Jerusalem: Sefer Maʹalot ha-midot. Jerusalem : Eshkol, 1978, (from the autograph ms. British Library 828) pp. 32-33. The text here differs from the common edition, including different sources and structure.
- Condition: non-consecutive, nearly complete; orn. dev.
Extent20.9 X 14.4 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Ethics, Jewish , to 1800 , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 435: Part of Sefer Maʹalot ha-midot, an ethical treatise are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.