Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 444 Judeo-Arabic translation of Genesis 24:58-25:17
TitleJudeo-Arabic translation of Genesis 24:58-25:17
Call numberHalper 444
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
10th century-11th century?
- From a Judeo-Arabic Translation of Genesis, neither that of Sa'adia Gaon nor that of Japheth ben 'Ali; Hebrew lead-words provided at beginning of each verse; Fragment ends at what may be end of parchment, in the middle of XXV 17 (חיוה (=חיי; the only text break, the open parashah after XXIV 67, is represented here by 3 open spaces.
- Condition: consecutive, nearly complete; damaged, faded.recto only.
Extent15 X 12.4 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Polemics , to 1800 , Early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 444: Judeo-Arabic translation of Genesis 24:58-25:17 are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.