Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 445 Anti-Christian polemical treatise
TitleAnti-Christian polemical treatise
Call numberHalper 445
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
11th century-15th century?
- Incipits in enlarged characters in red ink, over a space; Part of an anti-Christian polemical work in Judeo-Arabic, refuting the astronomical soundness of the Christian calendar in general, and of the computation of Easter in particular. The author refers to the Rabbinites as a sect אלרבאנין מן אליהוד, indicating that he is a Karaite. The folio includes the end of the second chapter, and the beginning of the third.
- Condition: complete.
Extent19.3 X 14 cm
Black and red inks
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Christianity , to 1800 , Controversial literature, early works to 1800
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 445: Anti-Christian polemical treatise are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.