Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 462 Genealogy of the Exilarchs to David and Adam
TitleGenealogy of the Exilarchs to David and Adam
- Avraham ben Tamim, al-Raḥbi Avraham ben Tamim, al-Raḥbi
Call numberHalper 462
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
- A genealogical list of Exilarchs from Zakai ben 'Azariah to David and Adam. Zakai ben 'Azariah is the brother of the better-known Daniel, the Gaon of the Erets Israeli Yeshivah between 1051 and 1062. The list starts with almost four lines of honorifics applied to Zakai, followed by 13 lines of Exilarchs and their biblical antecedents. The last eight lines, filling to the end of the page, is an explanation in Judeo-Arabic in the importance of recording the Davidic decent of the Exilarchs.
- Condition: lacking upper edge; folded widthwise into four parts (possibly in mail format); verso is blank.
Extent15.8 X 18.4 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 462: Genealogy of the Exilarchs to David and Adam are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.