Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Halper 474 Shopping list
Call numberHalper 474
(Philadelphia, United States, University of Pennsylvania, Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Cairo Genizah Collection)
PublisherCenter for Advanced Judaic Studies Library
LanguageHebrew; Judeo-Arabic; Arabic
11th century-13th century?
- Recto is in Judeo-Arabic, 12 items have bars above them, possibly signifying payment. Among the items are fish and saffron. Verso bears similar list in in Arabic characters. This is likely to have been the primary inscription, as it has been cut off at the top.
- Condition: nearly complete; damaged; folded widthwise into eight equal parts.
Extent23.5 X 17.8 cm
- Cairo Genizah Collection (University of Pennsylvania. Center for Advanced Judaic Studies. Library).
- Cairo Genizah Collection (Dropsie College. Library).
- Saffron crocus
- These images and the content of Center for Advanced Judaic Studies Library, Halper 474: Shopping list are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.