Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 1 Folder 27 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Armellini Medici, Francesco de', Cardinal, 1470-1527
Other related names
- Buschetto, Roberto, recipient
Call numberMisc Mss Box 1 Folder 27
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9946349143503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Italian, with a few words in Latin
Document on paper, written from Rome and dated October 23, 1521. Contains a letter from cardinal Francesco Armellini de' Medici to Roberto Buschetto, governor of Urbino. Armellini expresses disapproval for the failure by the city of Fano, at the time under Urbino's jurisdiction, to pay the tax on horses for the previous five months. The tax was due to a Constantino, who had perhaps employed Armellini as a debt collector. Armellini also informs Bruschetto that he ordered a high officer of Fano, referred to as vicelegato della Marca, to begin implementing retaliatory strategies to intimidate debtors and coerce them into complying with their fiscal requirements. Shows traces of red wax seal on the back.
Extent1 item (1 leaf)
- Sold by Libreria Antiquaria Docet (Bologna), cat. 57 (March 1959), no. 166.
- Catholic Church--Discipline
- Tax collection--Italy--Urbino
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss Box 1 Folder 27: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.