Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 2 Folder 2 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Berry, Jean de France, duc de, 1340-1416
Other related names
- Charles, d'Orléans, 1394-1465, recipient
Call numberMisc Mss Box 2 Folder 2
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9943721623503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
A record of a real estate transaction between Jehan (Jean), duc de Berry and his great nephew Charles de Valois, duc d'Orléans (son of Louis I de Valois, duc d'Orléans). The document, dated 19 January, 1411 is written in 8 long lines, in a secretary script; it is signed by a witness, duc Leveseque de Chartres. There is some contemporary writing on the verso of the vellum leaf.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 121 x 328 mm
- Purchased, 1957.
- Land titles--Registration and transfer--France--History
- Manuscripts, French--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Misc Mss Box 2 Folder 2: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.