Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 2 Folder 3 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Bethencourt, Sarrazius de
Call numberMisc Mss Box 2 Folder 3
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9943721633503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Receipt given by Sarrazius de Bethencourt for a gift given to him by the comtesse de Flandres et Artois through Michel de Cambier. The countess, Marguerite, was the wife of Philip I, duc de Boulogne; after her first husband's death she married Philip II de Valois, duc de Bourgogne. The document is dated February 2, 1377. The text is written on vellum in 8 long lines, in a secretary script; the lines are ruled in lead.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 84 x 258 mm
- Purchased, 1957.
- Gifts--France--History--14th century
- Receipts (financial records)
- Manuscripts, French--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 14th century
- Financial records
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Misc Mss Box 2 Folder 3: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.