Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 3 Folder 19 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Carafa, Carlo, ca. 1517-1561
Other related names
- Rebiba, Scipione, 1504-1577, recipient
Call numberMisc Mss Box 3 Folder 19
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9944356163503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Two documents on paper in Italian from the cardinal Carlo Carafa. The November 27, 1555 document, addressed to Scipione Rebiba, the bishop of Motula and governor of Rome, discusses the prison of the "religio Hierosolymitana," another name for the Knights of Malta, and urges Rebiba to improve the condition of the prison. Both contain wax seals and signatures and were written at the Palazzo. The April 14, 1556 document refers to the granting of a studio license in Capranica to Domenico Petreo da Montorio.
Extent2 items (2 leaves)
- Sold by Libreria Antiquaria Docet (Bologna), cat. 57(March 1959), no. 180.
- Purchased, 1959.
- Knights of Malta--Italy--History
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Misc Mss Box 3 Folder 19: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 2r — Embossed seal, f. 2r
1574_0002.tif (68.2 MB)
1574_0002_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
1574_0002_web.jpg (282.7 KB)
Decoration: Embossed seal, f. 2r