Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Carafa, Carlo, ca. 1517-1561
Other related names
- Rebiba, Scipione, 1504-1577, recipient
Call numberMisc Mss
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4435616
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Two documents on paper in Italian from the cardinal Carlo Carafa. The November 27, 1555 document, addressed to Scipione Rebiba, the bishop of Motula and governor of Rome, discusses the prison of the "religio Hierosolymitana," another name for the Knights of Malta, and urges Rebiba to improve the condition of the prison. Both contain wax seals and signatures and were written at the Palazzo. The April 14, 1556 document refers to the granting of a studio license in Capranica to Domenico Petreo da Montorio.
- Sold by Libreria Antiquaria Docet (Bologna), cat. 57(March 1959), no. 180.
- Purchased, 1959.
- Knights of Malta--Italy--History
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- fol. 2r — Embossed seal, f. 2r
1574_0002.tif (68.2 MB)
1574_0002_thumb.jpg (4.8 KB)
1574_0002_web.jpg (282.7 KB)
Decoration: Embossed seal, f. 2r