Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 5 Folder 33 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Davenport, Christopher John
- Davenport, Hugh
- Fitton, John
Call numberMisc Mss Box 5 Folder 33
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9945529333503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageCondition in Middle English, obligation in Latin, and later summary in English
Conditional bond of Christopher Davenport, Hugh Davenport of Henbury, Richard Newton, and William Bradley, to John Fitton and his sons, to stand to the arbitration award of Sir William Booth, Sir Thomas Fitton, Robert of Legh of Adlington, and others, concerning lands in Fulshaw (Cheshire), dated 5 December 1463 (third regnal year of Edward IV). The obligation is on one side and the longer condition is on the other. 2 small seals without impressions on a strip of parchment formed from the bottom edge of the document.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 92 x 351 mm
- Sold in a collection of charters at auction at Sotheby's, 7 July 2009 (lot 10).
- Real property--England--Cheshire
- Legal documents
- Seals (artifacts)
- Manuscripts, English (Middle)--15th century
- Manuscripts, Latin--15th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 15th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss Box 5 Folder 33: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.