Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Della Rovere family Della Rovere family
- Della Rovere, Sisto Gara, Cardinal, d. 1517 Della Rovere, Sisto Gara, Cardinal, d. 1517
- Della Rovere, Galeotto Franciotti, Cardinal, 1471-1507 Della Rovere, Galeotto Franciotti, Cardinal, 1471-1507
- Della Rovere, Leonardo Grosso, Cardinal, 1464-1526 Della Rovere, Leonardo Grosso, Cardinal, 1464-1526
Call numberMisc Mss
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4443110
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Three paper documents from the della Rovere family. The two dated 1508 are respectively from Cardinals Galeotto Franciotti della Rovere and Leonardo Grosso della Rovere, and the 1513 document is from Cardinal Sisto Gara della Rovere. The Galeotto Franciotti document is addressed to a Cardinal Alessandro, regarding a church of Saint Victor of Xanten. The Leonardo Grosso document is dated February 1, and possibly regards a Baldassar. The Sisto Gara document discusses the appointment of a bishop cardinal, choosing between two candidates named Vicentelli and Capellanius for the church of Saint Maurice. The documents from Sisto Gara and Leonardo Grosso both contain seals.
- Sold by Libreria Antiquaria Docet (Bologna), cat. 57(March 1959), no. 193-194, 205.
- Catholic Church--History--16th century
- Catholic Church--Clergy--Appointment, call, and election
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance