Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 6 Folder 23 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Dronfeld, Edmund de
- Horace Howard Furness Memorial Fund
Other related names
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMisc Mss Box 6 Folder 23
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9950083933503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Deed of manumission recording the freeing of Robert, son of Adam, of Flockton, by Edmund son of Thomas de Dronfeld. The Dronfeld family had estates at West Bretton and Flockton in Yorkshire, England. Written at West Bretton, the first Sunday after the feast of Saint Michael (2 October), 1345. Witnessed by John son of John of Dronfeld, John son of Richard de West Bretton, William son of Michael of Flockton, John son of Peter of Flockton, and John del Lathes, clerk. Wax seal on parchment tag (reattached at an early period), showing a crossbow or anchor.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 74 x 210 mm. +
- Formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 29224 (inscription on verso).
- Sold by Samuel Gedge Ltd. (Mundesley, England), cat. 10 (2011), no. 125.
- Legal documents
- Seals (artifacts)
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss Box 6 Folder 23: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.