Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Dronfeld, Edmund de Dronfeld, Edmund de
Other related names
- Phillipps, Thomas, Sir, 1792-1872, former owner
Call numberMisc Mss
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 5008393
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Deed of manumission recording the freeing of Robert, son of Adam, of Flockton, by Edmund son of Thomas de Dronfeld. The Dronfeld family had estates at West Bretton and Flockton in Yorkshire, England. Written at West Bretton, the first Sunday after the feast of Saint Michael (2 October), 1345. Witnessed by John son of John of Dronfeld, John son of Richard de West Bretton, William son of Michael of Flockton, John son of Peter of Flockton, and John del Lathes, clerk. Wax seal on parchment tag (reattached at an early period), showing a crossbow or anchor.
Extent1 74 x 210 mm. +
- Formerly owned by Sir Thomas Phillipps, ms. 29224 (inscription on verso).
- Sold by Samuel Gedge Ltd. (Mundesley, England), cat. 10 (2011), no. 125.
- Legal documents
- Seals (artifacts)
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval