Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 6 Folder 52 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Farnese, Ranuccio, Cardinal, 1530-1565
Other related names
- Agatsonius, Bernardus, recipient
Call numberMisc Mss Box 6 Folder 52
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9946348323503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
LanguageIn Italian and Latin
Letter in Italian on paper, dated September 11, 1548, from cardinal Ranuccio Farnese to Bernardus Agatsonius, podestà of San Ginesio, near Macerata, southern Italy. Farnese orders the podestà not to grant the cleric Tiberio Forte, who came to Macerata from the Mark of Ancona, any special fiscal privilege or exemption, and to treat him according to the same laws that applied to the clergymen of Macerata. On the verso is a brief note in Latin, dated September 18, written by an unidentified officer of San Ginesio, acknowledging the receipt of the aforementioned letter. The address of the letter and the remnants of a wax seal are on a second leaf.
Extent1 item (2 leaves)
- Sold by Libreria Antiquaria Docet (Bologna), cat. 57 (March 1959), no. 203.
- Catholic Church--History--16th century
- Catholic Church--Clergy--Italy
- Manuscripts, Italian--16th century
- Manuscripts, Latin--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Misc Mss Box 6 Folder 52: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.