Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 11 Folder 4 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Lee, William
- Tallesone, Richard
Call numberMisc Mss Box 11 Folder 4
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9945879383503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Deed recording the feoffment by William Lee of Croston, Lancashire, of one bovate (as much land as an ox could plow in a year) in Mondeslegh (perhaps the nearby village of Mawdesley) to Richard Tallesone. By this conveyance, Lee granted freehold land to Tallesone and his heirs. John de Horneby, Robert Thorpe, Thomas Lee, Richard son of Hugh of Mandeslegh, and John Banastre served as witnesses. The deed has a seal tag with very little wax on it.
- Notes on file that accompanied the deed give an approximate date of 1347, by reference to another (unknown) document.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 74 x 208 mm
- Sold by James J. Reis, 2009.
- Real property--England--Lancashire
- Legal documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Misc Mss Box 11 Folder 4: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.