Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Lee, William Lee, William
- Tallesone, Richard Tallesone, Richard
Call numberMisc Mss
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 4587938
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Deed recording the feoffment by William Lee of Croston, Lancashire, of one bovate (as much land as an ox could plow in a year) in Mondeslegh (perhaps the nearby village of Mawdesley) to Richard Tallesone. By this conveyance, Lee granted freehold land to Tallesone and his heirs. John de Horneby, Robert Thorpe, Thomas Lee, Richard son of Hugh of Mandeslegh, and John Banastre served as witnesses. The deed has a seal tag with very little wax on it.
- Notes on file that accompanied the deed give an approximate date of 1347, by reference to another (unknown) document.
Extent1 74 x 208 mm
- Sold by James J. Reis, 2009.
- Real property--England--Lancashire
- Legal documents
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval