Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 12 Folder 31 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Maximilian II, Holy Roman Emperor, 1527-1576
Call numberMisc Mss Box 12 Folder 31
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9942541833503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Two letters signed by Maximilian II, both with a generic greeting (Lieber getreuer). In the first document, dated Prague 30 March 1570, Maximilian is requesting hospitality for his emissary (kaijserlichen Hofrath) and entourage, who are en route to the imperial diet (Reichsversamblung) that he has called, to be held in Speyer, 22 May; he also makes reference to a previous Reichstag in Augsburg. The second letter, dated Vienna 8 May 1576, concerns a judicial matter involving a certain Peter Kaiser, which has been referred to the imperial court (kaiserlichen Cammergericht); Maximilian is apparently responding to a communication (bericht) received from the addressee, who is a relative of Kaiser. The second document bears an imperial seal.
Extent2 items (2 leaves)
- Sold by Hellmut Meyer & Ernst (Berlin), 1957.
- Holy Roman Empire.--Reichstag--(1570 :--Speyer, Germany)
- Holy Roman Empire.--Reichskammergericht
- Manuscripts, German--16th century
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 16th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Misc Mss Box 12 Folder 31: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.
- fol. 3v — Embossed seal, f. 3v