Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Orthodox Eastern Church
Call numberMisc Mss
(Philadelphia, University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 1551762
PublisherThe University of Pennsylvania Libraries
Parchment leaf (28 cm. high) from a Greek lectionary containing readings for the Easter season taken from John's Gospel. Recto contains John 20:14-18; verso contains John 21:1-7. Byzantine Empire (Constantinople?)
- Xerox copy and transcription by Dr. Lloyd Daly of the University of Pennsylvania included in the folder with the manuscript fragment.
- Generally brittle and fragile. Some cracks, holes and other damage to the parchment. Evidence of repairs. Some stains.
- Acquired with French Revolution Papers, 1968.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Liturgy and ritual
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Liturgy--Texts--Manuscripts
- Manuscripts, Greek (Medieval and modern)--11th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval