Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss Box 14 Folder 8 Miscellaneous manuscripts
- Orthodox Eastern Church
Call numberMisc Mss Box 14 Folder 8
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Rare Book & Manuscript Library)
- bibid: 9915517623503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Parchment leaf (28 cm. high) from a Greek lectionary containing readings for the Easter season taken from John's Gospel. Recto contains John 20:14-18; verso contains John 21:1-7. Byzantine Empire (Constantinople?)
- Xerox copy and transcription by Dr. Lloyd Daly of the University of Pennsylvania included in the folder with the manuscript fragment.
- Generally brittle and fragile. Some cracks, holes and other damage to the parchment. Evidence of repairs. Some stains.
Extent1 item (1 leaf) :
- Acquired with French Revolution Papers, 1968.
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Liturgy and ritual
- Orthodox Eastern Church--Liturgy--Texts--Manuscripts
- Manuscripts, Greek (Medieval and modern)--11th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- 11th century
- These images and the content of Rare Book & Manuscript Library Misc Mss Box 14 Folder 8: Miscellaneous manuscripts are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.