Collection ID: 0002 | Metadata type: TEI
Misc Mss (Large) Box 2 Folder 4 Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large)
TitleMiscellaneous manuscripts (Large)
- Gregory XI, Pope, 1329-1378
Call numberMisc Mss (Large) Box 2 Folder 4
(3420 Walnut Street, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104-6206., University of Pennsylvania, Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts)
- bibid: 9915804013503681
PublisherUniversity of Pennsylvania
Papal bull from Gregory XI confirming the grant of the late Nerius Gabrielli di Piccolomini for the construction and other needs of the monastery (i.e., convent) of Santa Maria degli Angeli at Belcaro outside Siena, founded by Catherine of Siena and consecrated in 1377. Written in Rome; date given in line 20 as "iiii nones Aprilis pontificatis nostri Anno septimo" (i.e., 2 April 1377, the seventh year of Gregory XI's pontificate, 1370-1378). Written in a Gothic cursive script with large initial G and decorated ascenders in the first line. Contemporary or near-contemporary parchment labels or dockets pasted onto verso.
- Incipit: Gregorius episcopus servorum Dei. Dilectio in Christo filiabus. Abbatisse et conventui[sic] monasterii sancte Marie angelorum extra portam novam senensis ...
Extent1 item (1 leaf) : 22 x 39 cm
- Old shelf number on recto: 134; paper label with old shelf number pasted onto verso: A. II. a. 4; German auction description attached to posterboard portfolio (clipped and now on file in the Library).
- Santa Maria degli Angeli (Convent : Siena, Italy)
- Convents--Italy--Early works to 1800
- Monasticism and religious orders for women
- Bulls (papal records)
- Manuscripts, Latin--14th century
- Manuscripts, Medieval
- Manuscripts, Renaissance
- 14th century
- These images and the content of Kislak Center for Special Collections, Rare Books and Manuscripts Misc Mss (Large) Box 2 Folder 4: Miscellaneous manuscripts (Large) are free of known copyright restrictions and in the public domain. See the Creative Commons Public Domain Mark page for usage details, http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/mark/1.0/.